Monday, May 5, 2008

Do You Believe in Miracles??

God is the same God he was back in the time of the Bible, but do you believe he still performs miracles like Jesus did in the Gospels? There are many examples in the Bible of Jesus healing sick people, even raising people from the dead, and many more miracles. People are always praying for miracles to happen when someone they love is terminally ill or if they are in a tragic accident. Sometimes God does perform the miracle we are all wanting and other times we don't get the miracle we are looking for. But either way God is still answering our prayers, it just might not be the answer we had hoped for. I would like to share with you that I have seen with my own eyes this past month that God is still in the business of miracles.
About a month ago, on a Friday afternoon Kym was at the groccery store shopping and she gave me a call at the house saying there had been an emergency and she wasn't sure what time she would be home. Michelle (who is a very close friend of Kym's) her five year old daughter Kathryn had fallen out of the window and been taken to the hospital. At that point we didn't know many details. Later we found out, that she had fallen out of the second story window, which was about 18 ft. above ground onto cement and hit her head. Later that night we heard the amazing news that she had no broken bones. She did have a crack in her skull and some minor bleeding around the brain and she was in stable condition. God definitely spared this little girl. One week and two days later she came home from the hospital and about 1 week later she traveled with her family and the Wampler family to Normandy, France. A 5 hour drive from where we are in Belgium. She is back in school and when we were in Normandy it was so great to see her running around and playing like a 5 year old should be doing. Praise God! He does still do miracles, so just keep that in mind. I was witness to one!

1 comment:

Laura Lynn said...

And Jesus said: "Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father. And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it." John 14:12-14 KJV