Thursday, February 21, 2008

Moving - Love it or Hate it??

Well, it's getting down to the wire before I leave for Belgium! It's coming fast. My departure date is less than two weeks away! That brings me to the topic of my post- moving! I Hate the actual work of moving, but the end result is always rewarding. Why can't moving and packing just happen on it's own. Moving sure is hard work and I have the aches and bruises to prove it. On Monday my parents and I moved my furniture (Which at this point in my life is not much) but it was still hard work. To make matters worse we were doing it in the middle of a snow storm. My parents rented a U-haul truck to load up my stuff. We had to load up my furniture at my apartment and drive across town and unload it at my parents house. I fell on the ice and got banged up in the process. Later I dropped a chair down the steps at Mom and Dad's and got banged up some more. More craziness happened while moving- Mom decided to sit in the back of the U-Haul to make sure everything was ok and when my Dad went over a bump, she went flying up as did all my stuff. The kick-stand on my bike got broken off. What a day! Thanks Mom & Dad- they worked hard! I've moved 4 times in 4 years, and when I get everything moved to the new place I enjoy settling in, it's just that in between time! So, my question is- Do you hate moving and packing as much as I do??

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Just discovered this thru your Facebook. And I felt compelled to comment... I hate moving! I can't even count how many times I've moved since high school. My last move will be my last (I hope) as this home should be our final location as a family. Good luck with everything!