Thursday, March 6, 2008

Leaving







This post should really come before The Getting Acclimated post, but I got ahead of myself! Monday (the day before I left) I packed and ran errands all day. In the evening my phone rang and when I answered it was Ben. He was telling me he was driving back to Orange City from Sanborn. Then the door bell rang, and he said Hey, the door bell rang. I was like Oh, yeah Mom and Dad will get it! And it kept ringing and ringing, and he kept saying and it ringing and ringing! I was thinking boy, whoever at the door sure is impatient. In the mean time I'm not realizing he's calling every ring of the door bell. So my Mom answers the door and Ben was standing there and I screamed! I had No idea he was coming home to suprise me to say goodbye! It was really cool that he did that. I saw him at Christmas but had no clue then I would be leaving the country. He drove all the way 12 hours for me in one day and left the next day because of work. I'm glad I could spend a little time with him before my departure. He was able to come to the airport to see me off. I have those pictures posted above. Thanks Ben for coming home!! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a good looking family! Just missing Emily on the picture. Maybe we can photo shop her in. You can't tell that we have been crying. It's too bad you couldn't hear Ben making comments about how they were searching your bags and telling you not to get on the conveyor belt because that was just for your baggage. It's good that you have traveled many times before.

Mom

Bean-G said...

WEEEEE!!! That's so great. What an awesome brother you have. Check your e-mail now!

DanNan said...

Hey T,

Dan & Nancy wish you well and are exicted about your new adveture.

Just in case you're ever in need of something useful to say in Dutch, try this one--"Hoe gaat het me U, ik heet Talitha."--How are you, I am called Talitha.

Dutch is so easy, here's another one--

"Wij vertegenwoordigen het lollipopgilde, wensen wij om u in munchkinland welkom te heten"--which means, of course-We represent the lollipop guild, we wish to welcome you to munchkinland" always a useful phrase when traveling abroad. :oP

Hope your having a wonderful experience, we'll keep you in our prayers. Remember we love you!

Tot ziens!
D&N