Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Settling In

Hello and Good morning to those in the States! It is about 2:30 in the afternoon here as I write this. The youngest ones are down for a nap, so I have a little bit of down time myself. Things are going well here. I'm starting to settle into a little bit of a rountine now that I've been here for about 2 weeks. Last week Tuesday I was sick, so I pretty much just slept all day, but that's been the only day that's been a bad since since I arrived.
Thursday I went back to the Women's Bible study that I attended the week before. I'm excited because this week they are starting a new study, so I feel like I will be able to get a little bit more out of it. They were finishing up a study they had been doing for the last 6 weeks, and it didn't really pertain to me since it was about parenting. There was a potluck after the lesson time so that was enjoyable. During the eating time we shifted between different small groups to mingle with different people and we had a different discussion topic at each group.
Later in the afternoon after our groccery time I took the 3 oldest kids to a school park just a little ways from the house. We walked down there, which was fun because it gave me a chance to see a different part of town and get a closer look at things besides just driving past.


This is just down the block from the house.



The park that we went to


Jackson- the 3 yr. old


Jackson & Collin (7 1/2 yrs.)


The church at the end of our street

It has been nice to be able to have some warm enough temperatures to take the kids outside a couple times in the last week. Not to make everyone back in the midwest jealous, but signs of Spring are here in Belgium. It so exciting! Trees are budding and some flowers are starting bloom! The Wamplers have a big garden in their backyard, so it's going to be Beautiful when everything is in bloom! I can't wait!!!

Watch for more posts! They are coming soon!!

1 comment:

DanNan said...

Belgie looks beautiful. We had snow here Monday morning, I don't care, but I'm not going to shovel anymore! :oP Anxious for spring!

Glad to see you're "Settling In"

Dutch word of the day

mooi = beautiful

with love D&N