Monday, March 10, 2008

A short update

I have been in Belgium almost a week! Isn't that crazy? The week has been spent figuring out my role and adjusting to a new place. I have been able to see Kyle and Stephanie (my Aunt & Uncle) a couple times. Today was an extremely windy day, but I stayed in the house all day, so I didn't have to deal with it. Yesterday and today were the first rainy days I've had since arriving. On Saturday I was able to attend the baby shower for my Aunt, so that was fun to be a part of that. After the shower when we were on our way back to the house we needed a couple things for supper so we stopped at a Beligan groccery store. That was a cool experience. Everything was in French and we bought a loaf of fresh bread, and they had a slicer machine that we got to use ourselves. That was fun!

On Sunday I attended part of the Catholic service, since we were running late. And then right after that I got dropped off at my Aunt and Uncles church which is an International Baptist Church. Two totally different worship experiences. At the Baptist church we sang Praise Song, all of which I knew. But some of the songs we sang partly in French. That was cool! For those of you from Central Park, we sang Days of Elijah, which made me think of choir and you guys! :) It was a good worship experience, but I couldn't help but miss my weekly Sunday school class!

More to come soon!
Good night!

2 comments:

jenny_rebecca said...

I bet that was different going to a Catholic service. You're sure getting a whole new experience over there aren't you?
Well I hope you're doing well.
My mom thinks you're going to find a nice solder while you're over there...lol.

Anonymous said...

Talitha,
So glad to see your shining face on those pictures. Can't wait to see pictures of your town you live in.
What fun for you.
So glad you could sing Days of Elijah.
I know that was heartwarming for you.
WE sure miss you in Sunday School.
love, ju Blakely